- Be on time. It's a good idea to get to the interview a few minutes early to relax before the interview starts.
- Shake the interviewer's hand at the beginning and end of the interview.
- Ask questions during the interview and when the interviewer asks you if you have any questions.
- Be concise and clear in your answers.
- Give specific examples and anecdotes to highlight your skills and experiences.
- Listen carefully throughout the interview and focus your attention on the interviewer.
- Maintain eye contact throughout the interview.
- Remain enthusiastic and positive throughout the interview.
- Be yourself.
- Bring extra copies of your resume.
- Dress appropriately.
- Thank the interviewer for his/her time at the end of the interview.
- Send a thank you letter immediately following the interview.
- Follow up if you don't hear from the employer after the interview.
Interview Don't Do's;
- Don't just smile and nod during the interview. Ask questions, make comments, and pay attention.
- Don't talk about personal information.
- Don't appear bored or uninterested, even if you are.
- Don't say anything negative about prior employers or experiences.
- Don't slouch or look around during the interview.